Monday, July 11, 2011

Honey Bunches of "O" My Gosh!



As the sweat on my face turns to a salty foam and my hair turns to the kitchen mop, I've never been so thankful for a bowl of Honey Bunches of "O" my gosh this is good! The sweet milk at the end of the bowl goes down smoother than a baby's bottom. OK, bad analogy, but you get the jist.



Five days ago I had my Dr.'s appointment for my "release of sling" but instead I got the stink eye for asking when I can kayak and was sentenced to 3 more weeks of very limited activity in my sling. The least he could have done was offered me lunch after getting my hopes up like that... what? ;)



So, was I going to postpone my 365 days in a row of a different physical activity? I think not! That night I decided to try Portland's free concert in the park, which is a very cool series that Portland offers. Met up with my girl Vanessa and some other friends and we made our way down to the Apex. The Apex is a bar in Portland that has awesome outdoor seating, tons of beer selection, and biciycle racks up the wazoo. Very "Portlandesqe" ... but I'm not complaining. I decided to try the organic wheat beer, Edeleweiss, which of course came in the .5L glass. Broast!



Day 1; Thursday 7/7/11:


* 2 hour walk back to my car in the morning after an awesome evening. Let the Journey begin!



Day 2; Friday 7/8/11:


Picked up a 1 week free trial membership to the Hollywood 24hr Gym.


* 1/2 hour on the stationary bicyce, and 1/2 hour on the eliptical.



Day 3; Saturday 7/9/11:


* Took a short walk to Barnes and Nobles and Back (where I studied "The 4 hr Work Week") and did some resistance bands for my shoulders. A light workout, but with 362 days to go, some can and will be lighter than others.



**** Just a side note, today is free Slurpee day at 7/11!!! :)****



Day 4: Sunday 7/10/11:
* 1 hour cycling class @ 24hr Gym. I definitely took my sling off and got my sweat on yesterday morning.








And yes, the Dr, did clear me for the stationary bicycle, I don't know if you've ever taken a spin class before, but if you have, then you know after taking 5 weeks off exercise, having your high school bff move to town, and the sun coming out in Oregon, is a recipe for a good time and then a heck of a lot more than a butt kicking on the bike. Thank goodness for my Honey Bunches of "O" my gosh!

2 comments:

  1. Going to the club for a night of dancing is my kind of physical activity! Shake it DB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I will be there as soon as I'm cleared! :)

    ReplyDelete